Are you looking to understand CRMs better and unsure which certifications are worth investing in?
Getting an introductory certification in CRM can improve customer satisfaction and give your business a competitive advantage.
Hi, I’m AJ, and I’ve been implementing and using CRMs throughout my business career. CRMs helped me scale and sell my previous business for multiple seven figures.
Unsure which certifications you need? Keep reading to learn how CRM certifications can impact your business.
Related Reading: Small Business CRM
SBB Featured Partners
Best For Small Businesses
Best All-Around CRM
Best Budget CRM
What is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Certification?
CRM certifications are an official way of telling others you have completed the necessary training to master customer relationship management software.
This certification also qualifies you to teach others how to use various CRM software.
An easy way to think about this certification is as if it’s a driver’s test. You must take a certification exam to master a CRM (just like a driver’s test before getting your license).
When you pass the exam, you officially become CRM certified.
CRM Certification Vs. CRM Certificate
You might think, “CRM certificates and certifications are the same thing.”
However, there is a subtle difference between these similar terms.
What is a CRM Certification?
A CRM certification is the most official way to demonstrate that you have completed the training and exams to master CRM.
Further, CRM certifications tell others you can teach and assist businesses using and implementing CRMs.
So, these certifications mean not only have you completed CRM-related courses and tasks, but you’ve also registered and passed an official exam.
What is a CRM Certification Good For?
CRM certifications are beneficial for several reasons, including the following:
- You can add the certification to a CV or resume
- You can include the certification on your business card
- You can do freelance work for companies and help them implement a new CRM
- You can implement CRM solutions successfully into your own business
Simply put, CRM certifications help individuals stand out from other employees in similar positions.
What is a CRM Certificate?
A CRM certificate is slightly less official than the previously mentioned certification.
You don’t have to take a rigorous certification exam to earn a CRM certificate. Instead, the certificate proves that you completed a single course or training.
While a CRM certificate isn’t as prestigious as certification, you can still advertise completing the course on your CV or resume.
What is a CRM Certificate Good For?
Completing CRM courses for certificates are highly beneficial for the following reasons:
- They show current and potential employers that you understand CRMs
- They aren’t overly expensive
- They help introduce you to in-demand CRM skills
- They make it easier to implement CRM software into your own business
- They allow you to assist with CRM training in your current or future place of work
A CRM course is an excellent way to learn more about CRM systems and how to use them effectively.
Is a CRM Certificate Worth It?
CRM certificates are undoubtedly worth the time and money you invest.
CRM courses allow you to expand your skill set and learn new information about your company’s software.
Also, CRM training is an excellent way to distinguish yourself from other candidates if you’re applying for a new job.
Completing CRM training shows potential employers you’re willing to go the extra mile and learn new skills.
So, while CRM training courses may not give you certification-level honors, the certificates are enough to ensure you stand out, learn valuable skills, and know more than basic knowledge other employees have.
What Can You Do With a CRM Certificate?
You can do more than one may assume with CRM certificates, including the following:
- Work in the CRM industry as a consultant, account manager, or salesperson
- Become more likely to get hired at a new company that needs CRM consulting services
- Earn a higher salary
- Find the best CRM solution for your own company
- Learn about various CRM platforms and their functionality
- Learn from the best CRM specialist in the industry
CRM training courses aren’t useless because you can do an exceptional amount with these certificates.
How Long Does it Take to Become CRM Certified?
The amount of time it takes to become CRM certified depends on the type of certification you’re pursuing.
Some certifications take several months to finish, while others can take over a year.
It’s essential to research the certification you want and determine what courses are required and how long it will take to complete them all.
Regardless of your certification program, you can expect to invest numerous hours taking courses and doing tasks on your own time.
Why Do Some Businesses Require Microsoft Dynamics CRM Certificate Programs?
Some companies require Microsoft certification because Dynamics CRM is widely recognized as the leading enterprise resource planning solution for mid-level and large-scale organizations.
Also, the Microsoft CRM system simplifies several complicated tasks most companies struggle with.
What is the Best Microsoft Dynamics CRM Certification?
There are several Microsft CRM certification courses for users to select.
But how do you know which one is best?
I’ve compiled a comparison of Microsoft courses, allowing you to determine which is right for you!
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals is often considered the best CRM certification course overall.
This course is one of the most popular learning tools businesses implement.
What is Microsoft Dynamics Fundamentals?
Microsoft Dynamics Fundamentals is a popular business tool and CRM platform streamlining various business operations.
Additionally, this software assists companies with enterprise resource planning (ERP), automating things like:
- Businesses processes
- Supply chain functionality
- Accounting tasks
- Inventory management
- Sales pipeline tasks
Why Choose Microsoft Dynamics Fundamentals?
This CRM certification is right for you if you’re seeking to:
- Show current or future employers you understand Dynamics 365 tasks
- Understand the customer engagement functionalities part of Dynamics 365
- Showcase your understanding of business operations and customer engagement
- Gain certification to move onto the next level of Microsoft Dynamics
This certification is the perfect beginner’s course to understand marketing, sales, and services.
Microsoft Dynamics Fundamentals Pros and Cons
Some of the advantages associated with Dynamics Fundamentals include the following:
- It covers a broad range of topics, including sales, marketing, and customer service
- It provides project management and operations introductory lessons
- The courses are self-paced or instructor-led
On the other hand, a list of cons associated with this program includes:
- The courses don’t go too deep into detail (you won’t get advanced training)
- The price may be out of budget for some people
Microsoft Dynamics Fundamentals Cost
The Microsoft Dynamics Fundamentals exam costs $99 to take. The modules covering what the test covers are free!
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate
The next course I’ll review is the Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate program. This course is considered the best certification for customer support-related fields.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate?
Microsoft’s Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate program is an online training course that helps companies improve their support team.
Several businesses utilize this program to use the Microsoft Helpdesk software better, improving the customer support experience.
Why Choose Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate?
These training modules help functional consultants implement Dynamics 365 Customer Service solutions into a business.
You should choose this Microsoft-certified program if you want to find solutions on:
- Customer service
- Customer satisfaction
Also, this program’s an excellent addition to a resume or CV.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate Pros and Cons
Some of the benefits of this course include the following:
- Provides training on how to create business rules
- It helps you set up automations
- Includes modules on analytics and business intelligence
- You learn how to configure omnichannel customer support and scheduling tools
The drawbacks to this training course include:
- There’s an emphasis on Microsoft Dataverse (may not apply to all IT professionals)
- You need a minimum of one to three years of experience as a functional consultant using the Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate Cost
This CRM certification test costs $165 and is available in multiple languages.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate
Next, I’ll review Microsoft’s Sales Functional Consultant Associate certification.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate is a CRM certification that teaches you how to:
- Configure Dynamics 365 Sales
- Manage everyday sales charts and tables
- Learn how to use and configure additional tools and services Mircosoft offers
Why Choose Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate?
This CRM certification is perfect for various people, including:
- Functional consultants
- Professionals currently working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
- Developers who need to strengthen their consulting skills
Put simply; this CRM certification is an excellent way to boost your career.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate Pros and Cons
The pros associated with this course include the following:
- The training courses cover lead management, handling opportunities, quotes, and processing orders
- Sales professionals learn how to configure pricing lists and complete a product catalog
- It covers data management
- The training materials are free
On the other hand, the cons of this course include:
- It requires you to learn MS Power Platform
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate Cost
While the certification courses are free, the MS Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate exam costs $165.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate
The MS Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate is the top marketing certification course for Dynamics 365.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate?
This CRM certification program covers MS Dynamics 365 Marketing tools and functionality.
Basically, this program helps businesses get the most out of MS Dynamic 365 Marketing in their day-to-day operations.
Why Choose Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate?
The MS Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate is the best way for businesses to:
- Learn how to create and manage marketing strategies
- Learn the MS Dynamics 365 Marketing Capabilities
- Manage leads, contacts, and accounts
- Manage events and webinars
- Create and maintain marketing email campaigns
- Build customer relationships
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate Pros and Cons
The advantages of this course include the fact that it helps marketing professionals learn how to use Microsoft software efficiently.
The features you learn how to use include the following:
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
- Marketing forms and web pages
- Lead and contact management techniques
The only downside to this program is that there is a significant overlap between marketing, sales, and support modules. There isn’t a sole focus on marketing aspects.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing Functional Consultant Associate Cost
The online courses for this certification are free, and the exam costs $165.
Microsoft Customer Data Platform Specialty
The final Microsoft program I’ll review is the Data Platform Speciality course, one of the top CRM certifications for data management.
What Is Microsoft Customer Data Platform Specialty?
MS Customer Data Platform Specialty helps data specialists reveal new insights into their business’s contact network or marketing engagement activities.
Numerous self-paced or instructor-led certification courses are designed to help increase customer retention.
Why Choose Microsoft Customer Data Platform Specialty?
It’s best to choose the Customer Data Platform Specialty courses to gain insights into your company’s customers and database.
Essentially, this certification is great for learning about customer insights and discovering various ways to utilize them to propel your business.
Microsoft Customer Data Platform Specialty Pros and Cons
The benefits of taking this course are that you’ll learn the following details:
- Organizing key performance indicators
- Preparing and segmenting contact profile data
- Training in advanced data enrichment
- Learning how to use AI for predictions and forecasting
The only downside to this course is that it is the most advanced CRM certification Microsoft offers. Therefore, you can expect the course load to be challenging.
Microsoft Customer Data Platform Specialty Cost
This exam costs $165, but the exam preparation courses are free.
Alternatives to becoming Microsoft Dynamics CRM certified
Several CRM certifications serve as excellent alternatives to Microsoft’s. Let’s look at the top customer relationship management certifications in the industry!
The Salesforce Administrator certification is one of the most recommended courses among CRM specialists.
What is Salesforce Administrator?
Salesforce Administrator is one of five courses required to become a Salesforce Admin.
The course is designed for people with Salesforce experience eager to learn more about the software and utilize it within companies.
Why Choose Salesforce Administrator?
This CRM certification course is exceptional because Salesforce is one of the most popular companies in the industry.
Because Salesforce is so popular, receiving the Administrator certification is often associated with more job opportunities and raises!
Also, learning the ins and outs of Salesforce ensures your company uses the software fully.
Salesforce Administrator Pros and Cons
The benefits of investing in the Administrator certification program include the following:
- There are endless customer relationship management courses
- There are free courses
- It ensures that hired and freelance consultants make the most out of company data
- The practice exams are extremely beneficial
Regarding the cons, many people find the tests difficult to pass. Additionally, the modules can be confusing to navigate.
Salesforce Administrator Cost
The CRM software company doesn’t list the price of the Administrator certification clearly on their website. It’s best to contact Salesforce for more information.
Zendesk Support Administrator
The next Microsoft alternative I’ll review is Zendesk.
What is Zendesk Support Administrator?
Zendesk Support Administrator certification tells employers you fully understand Zendesk Support.
The program provides you with the knowledge and skills to manage an Enterprise Zendesk Support account effectively.
Why Choose Zendesk Support Administrator?
It’s best to choose the Zendesk Support Administrator certification if your company currently uses the software.
Also, it’s best to choose this certification if you need training specializing in customer support administration.
Zendesk Support Administrator Pros and Cons
The Zendesk certification includes the following benefits:
- Numerous modules for omnichannel communication and support administration experts
- There are no prerequisites required
- You learn how to master Zendesk’s ticketing solution software
- You earn access to the Zendesk LinkedIn-certified community
However, even the best CRM certifications include some disadvantages. Zendesk’s include:
- The cost of the exam is relatively high
- The training isn’t as beneficial if your company doesn’t use Zendesk
Zendesk Support Administrator Cost
This CRM certification test costs $350.
HubSpot CRM Academy
HubSpot is an industry-leading CRM software, so it only makes sense the company provides a certification exam.
What is HubSpot CRM Academy?
HubSpot Academy is one of the best CRM certifications, ensuring people learn the most sought-after skills in the industry.
Users receive unlimited access to engaging lessons covering everything from marketing automation to SEO and business integrations.
Why Choose HubSpot CRM Academy?
One of the most common reasons people choose HubSpot Academy is that it’s free.
Also, you learn valuable skills from a CRM platform that specializes in everything related to CRM and inbound marketing.
HubSpot CRM Academy Pros and Cons
Several people love HubSpot Academy because:
- There are numerous online classes
- Courses cover various topics, including LinkedIn marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and inbound marketing
- The education resources are entertaining and include videos, quizzes, and workbooks
There are a few drawbacks to HubSpot Academy. One con is that some corporations may not recognize the validity of the certification because it’s free.
Also, you need a HubSpot subscription to access advanced practical exams.
HubSpot CRM Academy Cost
HubSpot Academy is free!
Zoho CRM is another well-known CRM system utilized by businesses of all sizes.
What is Zoho Spark?
Zoho Spark is a series of training modules allowing you to become Zoho CRM certified.
This program offers various certifications and training materials to expand your knowledge about streamlining business processes.
Why Choose Zoho Spark?
There are several reasons to choose Zoho Spark, including the following:
- It shows you are Zoho CRM Certified
- It allows you to stand out for future job opportunities
- You receive the distinguishing title of “Zoho CRM Certified Consultant.”
Zoho Spark Pros and Cons
The pros of Zoho Spark include the following:
- Virtual classroom training
- One-on-one training opportunities
- Access to a large third-party database with CRM and sales management tools
Regarding the cons, here are the ones associated with Zoho Spark:
- Lack of high standard legitimacy compared to other certification exams
- Pricing isn’t clear
Zoho Spark Cost
Contact the Zoho CRM support team to inquire about pricing information.
Oracle NetSuite Administrator
Lastly, I’ll provide a brief overview of Oracle’s NetSuite certification.
What is Oracle NetSuite Administrator?
Oracle NetSuite Administrator is a CRM certification that helps people better understand the software’s CRM functions.
This course is designed for the day-to-day maintenance and optimization of a company website.
Why Choose Oracle NetSuite Administrator?
Oracle NetSuite Administrator is a prestigious certification, resulting in more job opportunities and higher salaries.
Also, this certification is excellent if your company uses Oracle for CRM software.
Oracle NetSuite Administrator Pros and Cons
The pros of this certification include the following:
- It gives you the best understanding of Oracle NetSuite
- You can add the certificate to your CV, resume, and business cards
- There are multiple certifications available
- There are study guides and sample tests
The cons of this program include the following:
- The exams are well-known for being challenging
- Pricing plans can be confusing
Oracle NetSuite Administrator Cost
NetSuite Administrator certification exams start at $250.
What is the best CRM software training for Small Businesses?
The best CRM certification depends on your business. Personally, I’ve found great success with Microsoft’s CRM products.
However, smaller businesses can benefit from HubSpot’s free CRM certifications and training.
Ensure you thoroughly compare each software training before investing your time, energy, and money.
Are there CRM software systems that we missed? Let us know in the comments section!
CRM Certification FAQs
The process of obtaining a CRM certification varies depending on the platform. Generally, you must take courses related to it, pass exams, and finally receive the certification.
CRM certification courses range from four months to a year, depending on the program you enroll in.
The three types of CRM are operational, analytical, and collaborative.
Yes, Salesforce is a CRM. It’s an enterprise cloud-based CRM designed to help businesses of all sizes manage their sales processes.
Salesforce is an operational CRM. This platform helps businesses automate sales, customer service processes, and marketing campaigns.