Looking for a self-employed resume template? You are in the right place to find the best resume templates. Scroll down and grab your free Word template.
If you’re on the fence, keep reading. You may think you have no need for a resume as a self-employed business owner, but that is not always the case. In fact, there are several situations when you may find that a resume is necessary. For example:
- You are going back to work for someone else.
- You’re applying for membership in a professional organization.
- You are applying for an industry-specific certification.
- You are applying as a presenter or exhibitor at a conference.
- You’re bidding on a job with a large company or organization.
Those are just a few reasons a business owner may need a resume.
Self-Employed Resume Template
OK, so you are ready to dust off your resume and modify it for your entrepreneurial experience. The main difference between a traditional resume and a resume for a business owner is that the latter focuses more on proven experience, relevant achievements, and expert skills than career history.
All other resume rules remain the same, including:
- Make your contact information easy to find
- Use standard fonts in standard sizes
- Aim for no more than two pages
- Use headers and bullets to make it easy to scan
- Skip the fancy formatting and graphics
- Keep it brief and to the point
Of course, you can ignore as many of these rules as you’d like, depending on the type of audience you are preparing your resume for and what the expectations are.
To get you started with developing your own business owner resume, we have created this self-employed resume template and provided some tips for creating an effective small business owner resume. Please feel free to download, modify, share and use this template however you’d like.
Click to download the Self-Employed Resume Template Word document:
Self-Employed Resume Template (doc)
Want more free downloads? Visit our small business downloads page to download our one-page marketing plan, a USP worksheet and more.