The right CRM can be the key to the success of your small business.
The wrong one can lead to lost leads, mismanaged data, and your business going under.
I’m AJ, here to help you pick the right one. I’ve spent the last decade learning what works and what doesn’t (while scaling my business to a successful seven-figure exit).
So, let’s talk about one of my favorite platforms on the market—Pipedrive. It’s affordable, scalable, and easy to use—what’s not to love?
The Small Business Bonfire (SBB) team and I took a deep dive into the platform (over three months) to take the guesswork out of the equation for you.
Let’s get into it!
Who Is Pipedrive For?
Who Is Pipedrive Not For?
Pipedrive Pricing Overview
Pipedrive offers 5 pricing plans to scale your business from the ground up.
They are the following:
- Essential – $21.90/Month
- Advanced – $37.90/Month
- Professional – $59.90/Month
- Power – $74.90/Month
- Enterprise – $119.00/Month
Pipedrive also includes the following add-ons:
- Projects – $8.00/Month
- Campaigns – $16.00/Month
- LeadBooster – $39.00/Month
- Web Visitors – $49.00/Month
- Smart Docs – $39.00/Month
What Is Pipedrive?
Pipedrive is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) software designed to help small and midsize businesses (SMBs) scale their sales process (without breaking the bank).
Pipedrive offers affordable pricing plans that scale with your SMB (from the ground up).
Plus, it’s got fantastic lead and project management capabilities to help empower your sales team to succeed.
Some of our favorite features of Pipedrive CRM include:
- Project management
- Contact management
- Activity tracking
- Pipeline management
The Small Business Bonfire team and I tested the popular CRM software extensively over three months to see what all the hype was about.
We were blown away by the utility of its LeadBooster add-on, which makes Pipedrive perfect for sales-focused teams.
We also think it’s perfect for SMBs looking to get organized, manage projects more effectively, and scale (without letting clients fall through the cracks).
Pipeline Management is one of Pipedrive's standout features—its simplicity and visual interface allow you to track your entire sales journey from start to finish.
The Small Business Bonfire team and I put this feature to the test over three months.
We added in some of our affiliate marketing partnerships that we currently have at Small Business Bonfire.
Here's how it looked to create a new pipeline called "Affiliate Marketing Partnerships."
We especially liked how easy it was to customize the probability and name of each stage. Pipedrive keeps it simple with pipeline creation, allowing your team to focus on what matters—closing deals.
Once we had our pipeline in place, we added in our deals.
Here's how it looked from our perspective.
We simply clicked "+ Deal" and filled out the following fields:
- Contact info
- Associated deals
- Close date
From there, we were able to click on each card and schedule activities directly from the pipeline.
Here's an example of a follow-up activity that we added to one of our deals (in seconds).
Based on our testing, we think Pipedrive has some of the best pipeline management in the game.
Here are some reasons why:
- Ease of use: Pipedrive's pipeline management is designed with usability in mind. Simple to set up and intuitive to navigate, you don't need a tech guru on your team to get the most out of its features.
- Customization: It allows for complete customization of stages and probabilities, which means your sales process can adapt as your business grows and changes.
- Visual interface: The simple yet intuitive interface lets you track your entire sales journey at a glance, making it easier to spot potential bottlenecks and take action.
- Deal management: Every deal in your pipeline can be clicked on to reveal essential details and add activities directly. This helps maintain a seamless workflow and ensures no opportunity falls through the cracks.
- Follow-up activities: Pipedrive enables you to schedule follow-up activities directly from the pipeline. This ensures you never miss a crucial engagement and helps keep your prospects engaged.
- Scalability: Whether you're a startup, a small business, or a growing midsize company, Pipedrive's pipeline management scales with your business, providing the necessary tools to manage your sales process efficiently.
Check out a snapshot of our deal pipeline once we had some of our deals put in.
Our takeaway: Pipedrive's pipeline management is a no-brainer for SMBs looking to get organized and grow their sales.
During our in-depth test of Pipedrive, the project management feature really stood out.
Over three months, we created and managed many projects, getting a firsthand experience of its capabilities.
Pipedrive's project management feature, with its user-friendly project templates, is an absolute game changer.
We simply added the $8/month add-on called Projects to get started.
From there, we were automatically given access to the following:
- Template creation
- Project archives
- Project pipelines
- Project analytics
Here's an example of a template we were able to create and use throughout our testing.
Not only do these templates save you time in project setup, but they also ensure you've got a solid foundation for managing your project successfully.
Now, let's walk you through the creation of a project called "Bonfire Field Guide Rollout." We simply clicked "+ Project" and got started.
Here's how it looked (to give you a better idea).
The project creation process was straightforward and intuitive.
We were able to easily assign the following to each project:
- Start & end date
- Associated deals & contacts
The clear overview of the project made it easy to track progress, manage tasks, and keep everyone on the same page.
The breakdown: Pipedrive's project management feature is a robust tool that simplifies project setup and monitoring, making it easier than ever to stay organized and hit your project goals.
This feature, combined with the platform's affordable Pipedrive pricing, makes it an excellent choice for SMBs.
Pipedrive is a powerhouse of features that includes far more than the average sales CRM—it extends its functionality to campaign creation with an additional $16/month add-on.
This feature is an absolute gem for businesses looking to streamline their marketing efforts.
We decided to give it a shot and enabled campaign creation. In no time, we were creating powerful customized campaigns.
Here's what we loved about this feature:
- Email Templates: Pipedrive brings a range of pre-built email templates to the table. This feature not only saved us the time of creating emails from scratch but also ensured that our messaging was consistent and on-brand.
- Campaign automation: This was one of our favorite features. With Pipedrive, you can automate your campaigns from start to finish. This means less manual work and more time to focus on strategizing and refining your marketing efforts.
- Easy campaign creation: The best part of this tool has to be its ease of use. Creating powerful campaigns with Pipedrive is as easy as pie. You don't need to be a marketing wizard to take full advantage of this feature.
Check out the helpful email templates Pipedrive offers to get you started.
We selected a template and were able to easily customize emails with a powerful and intuitive drag-and-drop editor.
Here's how the creation process looked for us.
Once we had our emails customized to our liking, we were able to schedule and send them out automatically (with the click of a button).
The bottom line: With Pipedrive, creating amazing campaigns is no longer a task for the pros. It's a tool that allows you to take the reins of your marketing efforts and steer your business toward success.
At the heart of any good CRM is a strong customer data management system, and Pipedrive does not disappoint in this regard.
We dove deep into this feature, uploading our B2B affiliate marketing contacts from Small Business Bonfire to see how Pipedrive held up.
Here's what we discovered:
- Ease of import: Importing our contacts into Pipedrive was a breeze. It offers functionality to import data from various sources, and we had no trouble getting our B2B affiliate contacts into the system.
- Contact segmentation: One of Pipedrive's strengths is segmenting contacts based on different criteria. This feature simplified the process of categorizing our contacts and made it much easier to manage and locate specific contacts.
- Comprehensive contact profiles: Each contact in Pipedrive has a comprehensive profile that includes complete contact information, deal history, marketing status, and any associated activities or notes. This feature gave us a well-rounded view of our contacts and their interactions with our business.
- Contact timeline: The contact timeline feature offered a chronological overview of all interactions with a particular contact, greatly facilitating our follow-up and communication efforts.
- Communication integration: The ability to send and receive emails directly within the contact's profile in Pipedrive was an immense timesaver. It helped maintain a smooth communication flow and keep all relevant information in one place.
- Smart contact data management: Pipedrive allows you to make changes to contact data across multiple profiles, with the help of its "Merge Duplicates" feature. This helped us keep our contact data organized and up-to-date.
Here's a sneak peek at a contact creation card during our testing.
Overall, Pipedrive's contact management capabilities proved to be both robust and intuitive, making it a valuable tool for managing our B2B affiliate marketing contacts.
To keep a tab on your day-to-day tasks and ensure nothing slips through the cracks, Pipedrive offers impressive activity tracking tools.
We decided to put this to the test by adding some activities related to our affiliate marketing deals.
We'll walk you through the process.
We simply navigated to the activities tab, where we were able to click "+ Activity."
Here's how adding a negotiation meeting (via Zoom) looked from our perspective.
Within each activity card, we were able to easily assign the following information:
- Type of activity
- Guests invited
- Assigned user
- Associated deals & contacts
We were able to integrate with Zoom by clicking a link. From there, we simply linked our account (shown below) and were in business!
During our three months of testing, we found Pipedrive's activities interface to be incredibly easy to navigate.
We quickly added tasks such as setting up initial meetings, sending welcome emails, and tracking customer interactions.
Here's what we loved about the activity tracking feature:
- Simple and intuitive interface: Adding and managing activities was a breeze thanks to the straightforward interface. We were able to easily input activity details and link them to specific contacts and deals, which made tracking tasks a seamless process.
- Customizable views: Pipedrive allowed us to customize our activity view, giving us the flexibility to organize and display activities in a way that best suited our needs.
- Real-time notifications: This was a major highlight. Pipedrive's real-time notification feature ensured we were always updated on upcoming activities and deadlines.
- Activity history: Being able to view the history of all activities associated with a specific deal or contact was very beneficial. This visibility allowed us to ensure all necessary steps were being taken and nothing was overlooked.
In essence, the activity tracking feature in Pipedrive, coupled with its competitive pricing, solidified our belief that this CRM is a powerful tool for SMBs.
At just $39/month, Pipedrive's LeadBooster feature is worth every penny.
This powerful lead prospecting tool is just what you need if you're looking to ramp up your sales efforts and drive more conversions.
With LeadBooster, you gain access to a slew of amazing features:
- Live chat: Instantly connect with your website visitors and turn them into potential leads. Respond to their queries in real time and provide personalized service immediately.
- Chatbots: Automate your customer interactions with intelligent chatbots that can answer common queries, guide customers through your offerings, and capture lead details 24/7.
- Web forms: Create customizable web forms that blend seamlessly into your website. Capture lead details effectively and effortlessly.
- Prospector: Identify high-quality leads in an instant. With Prospector, you can find and reach out to potential prospects with ease.
LeadBooster is undoubtedly a game-changer in the world of lead prospecting. At such a reasonable price point, it truly provides unmatched value.
The substantial impact it can make on your sales pipeline is proof that Pipedrive offers one of the best CRM solutions for SMBs at an affordable price.
Our Take On Pipedrive
The Advanced plan provides the best bang for your buck at an affordable $27.90/month (with annual billing).
It delivers an excellent blend of advanced features and fantastic pricing, making it an ideal choice for SMBs aiming to optimize their CRM efforts without breaking the bank.
With the Advanced plan, you get access to the following:
- Everything in the Essential plan
- Powerful automation
- Great scheduling capabilities
- Lead inbox
- Custom fields
Pros and Cons of Pipedrive
Let’s look at the pros and cons of Pipedrive to provide the most honest review possible.
- Fantastic live chat, email, and phone support
- Robust contact management system
- Awesome workflow automation capabilities
- Custom fields & pipeline creation
- Comprehensive activity tracking
- Customizable views to suit your needs
- LeadBooster feature offers great lead prospecting & communication tools
- No free plan
- Limited marketing tools
Does Pipedrive Have a Free Plan?
Unfortunately, Pipedrive doesn’t offer a free plan.
However, they offer a robust 14-day free trial that gives you access to some of their more powerful features.
This trial duration provides a great opportunity for hands-on experience with notable features such as LeadBooster and Campaigns.
So, while you may not get a free plan, trying out the power of Pipedrive’s robust features at no cost can give you valuable insights into whether Pipedrive is a good fit for your business.
Pipedrive Mobile App?
We were thrilled to learn that the web-based sales CRM does, in fact, have a mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices.
We started testing this feature by downloading it on iOS.
After extensive testing, here are some of our key takeaways from the Pipedrive mobile app:
- Effortless deal management: We could easily view and edit our deals on the go. The app provided a comprehensive overview of all deals, facilitating quick updates and changes as needed.
- Convenient contact management: The contact feature on the mobile app was just as robust as its desktop counterpart. We could quickly search for, view, and edit our contacts, ensuring we were always up-to-date.
- Activity tracking at your fingertips: We were able to effortlessly track and manage our activities from the mobile app. This allowed us to stay on top of our tasks and deadlines, even when away from the office.
- A dashboard that keeps you informed: One of the standout features of the Pipedrive mobile app was the dashboard. It provided an at-a-glance view of our day-to-day activities at Small Business Bonfire, keeping us informed and focused on our key tasks.
At the end of the day, the Pipedrive mobile app truly enhances the CRM experience, offering all the functionality of the desktop version with the convenience of mobile accessibility.
Here are a couple of snapshots from our testing.
Pipedrive truly shines regarding integrations, boasting an impressive app marketplace (shown below).
This marketplace features many apps and integrations designed to streamline your workflow and enhance your sales process.
Here are a few examples:
- Mailchimp: Sync your Pipedrive contacts with Mailchimp to manage your email marketing efforts with ease.
- Slack: Keep your team updated on deal progress with automatic notifications sent directly to your chosen Slack channel.
- Google Workspace: Seamlessly integrate Google’s suite of productivity tools, including Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts.
- Zapier: Connect Pipedrive with hundreds of other apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers.
- Trello: Sync your Pipedrive deals to Trello cards for a visually engaging progress-tracking system.
Pipedrive’s extensive integrations allow you to create an interconnected ecosystem of apps, ensuring your sales process runs smoothly and efficiently.
With Pipedrive’s impressive range of integrations, you can rest assured knowing that the CRM can be tailored to meet the unique needs of your business.
Pipedrive is a fantastic CRM platform, but it’s not the only one. Here are a few of our favorite alternatives.
Is Pipedrive Worth It For SMBs?
Pipedrive is absolutely worth it for SMBs! It offers your basic CRM tools in addition to some really powerful add-ons that can significantly enhance your sales process and customer relationship management.
Its user-friendly interface, robust feature set, and flexible pricing structure make it a solid choice for businesses of all sizes.
With its potent combination of affordability and functionality, Pipedrive is a fantastic CRM solution that can streamline your sales operations and drive your business growth.
Whether you’re just starting out or looking to upgrade your current system, Pipedrive provides a comprehensive and cost-effective solution that could be the game-changer your business needs. So what are you waiting for? Check out a free trial today!