Best for Email Marketing
Best All in One Marketing Tool
Best for Content Creators
Best for Customer Service
Best SEO for All Businesses
This is the ultimate guide for entrepreneurs looking to gain an edge in their marketing efforts.
In today’s digital age, many digital marketing tools are changing rapidly. It can be hard to keep up with all the options available.
I’ve been working with small business marketing tools for many years now, and I can attest to their significance and ability in helping create an effective business strategy for small businesses.
That’s I’ve compiled this comprehensive list of the best small business marketing tools available today by testing each marketing tools in real-world scenarios to determine which ones offer the most value, and these are my top picks!
What Are Our Top Digital Marketing Tools For 2023?
Our top digital marketing tools focus on the following things to attract your audience and make a name for yourself in your industry:
- Email marketing (improves brand loyalty)
- SEO marketing strategies (help bring the most traffic to your business)
- Social media business marketing tools (help create visual content for your customer base)
- Website builders (rank higher on Google while accurately displaying your brand)
- Graphic design (an essential part of effective marketing results)
- Analytics marketing strategies (provide data about your audience)
MailChimp is an excellent platform for large and small businesses to use for email marketing strategies.
Further, MailChimp is a great way to reach potential customers in your local community.
- Signup forms (pop-up and embedded forms are available)
- Behavioral target audience tools
- Predicted demographics
- Sales and campaign performance reports
- A/B testing
MailChimp is the ideal way to get your marketing process underway because the platform offers an array of pricing options starting for 500 contacts, including the following:
- Free: $0 monthly
- Essentials: $13 monthly
- Standard: $20 monthly
- Premium: $350 monthly
ActiveCampaign is a complete online marketing tool that comes with advanced automation capabilities.
Although the entry-level plan is more expensive than other tools, ActiveCampaign provides unmatched tools and data reports to help attract customers.
- Integrated engagement
- Purchase tracking tools
- Page visits
- “Recommendations For You” page
- Lite: $29 per month annually
- Plus: $49 per month annually
- Professional: $149 per month annually
- Enterprise: Customizable pricing for larger teams
Remember, these prices reflect ActiveCampaign’s business marketing plans. The company also offers Sales, Bundles, and Transactional Email plans!
ConvertKit is a content marketing tool best designed for content creators and professional bloggers.
This platform is perfect if you already have a decent number of subscribers and are looking to push your business forward.
- Customizable landing pages
- Fully responsive templates (pages are formatted to look good on a desktop and mobile phone)
- Detailed opt-in forms
- Personalized ad campaigns
ConvertKit’s pricing is based on the number of subscribers you have.
A site with 300 subscribers would adhere to the following monthly prices:
- Free: $0
- Creator: $15
- Creator Pro: $29
Although, the cost for each plan varies depending on how many subscribers you have. ConvertKit also provides free trials!
SEMRush helps your website attract new customers with over 50 tools built for SEO, content marketing, PPC, social media marketing, and competitor research.
- SEO audits
- Daily SERP tracking
- Ability to analyze any domain’s backlink profile
- Keyword research
- Pro: $119.95 monthly
- Guru: $229.95 monthly
- Business: $449 monthly
Also, SEMRush offers a free version and annual subscriptions, and although it is rather limited, it’s a great place to start if you want to test the waters first.
Surfer SEO is a helpful tool that assists with on-page SEO metrics, making it less of a hassle to drive traffic to your website.
- SERP analyzer
- Recommendations for alternative keywords
- Detailed content editor
- Keyword research
- Basic: $59 monthly
- Pro: $119 monthly
- Business: $239 monthly
- Enterprise: Custom monthly price
Surfer SEO offers a free version and annual plans to choose from, which is perfect for small websites.
Jasper is an AI writing tool that helps you produce content up to five times faster than usual.
With Jasper, the technology will create 100% original content with zero plagiarism flags!
- Numerous content templates
- The Grammarly plug-in is available
- Pre-filled recipes
- Jasper Boss Mode
- SEO-friendly content
- Content Improver helps rephrase or rewrite content.
Jasper’s pricing is based on how many words you write per month.
For a site that writes 50,000 words a month, here are the pricing options:
- Boss Mode: $59 monthly
- Business: Custom pricing starting at $499 monthly
Hootsuite helps you better manage your social media platforms by posting regularly and monitoring the entire process.
- 30-day free trial
- Post across all channels at one time
- Monitor trends in your competitors, customers, and industry
- Customizable dashboards
- Professional: $99 monthly for one user
- Team: $249 monthly for three users
- Business: $739 monthly for five users
- Enterprise: Custom pricing starting at five users
Buffer makes it easy to post across all your social channels, even if you’re not using the platform.
Buffer helps strengthen your social media presence with its effective tools.
- Content scheduler
- Custom reports within one dashboard
- See and reply to direct messages and post comments
- You can manage your social media strategy from anywhere
- Free: $0
- Essentials: $6 monthly per channel
- Team: $12 monthly per channel
- Agency: $120 monthly for ten channels
Buffer also offers a free version and 14-day free trials on each plan listed above.
Sprout Social is a social media strategy tool that helps you manage all your social platforms in one place, such as Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and more.
- Monitor account mentions
- Publish, schedule, draft, and queue posts
- Social media platform calendars
- Suggested post times
- Post data and analytics
- Standard: $249 monthly
- Professional: $399 monthly
- Advanced: $499 monthly
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Social Sprout also offers a 30-day free trial for each plan.
If you’re a business owner, Wix is the perfect website-building tool!
The platform provides everything you need in one place, ensuring you have an eye-catching website for your customer base.
- Design templates
- Social media integration
- Email tools
- Inventory management tools
- SSL certificate
- Combo: $16 monthly
- Unlimited: $22 monthly
- Pro: $27 monthly
- VIP: $45 monthly
Wix also provides a free website builder that comes with several free tools!
Squarespace is an excellent website builder for eCommerce platforms and local businesses.
Best known for its intuitiveness, Squarespace makes it easy to set up and manage a website.
- Mobile responsive websites
- Drag and drop creation tools
- Social media and email marketing tools
- Personal: $23 monthly
- Business: $33 monthly
- Commerce Basic: $36 monthly
- Commerce Advanced: $65 monthly
Weebly is ideal for a small business looking to make an online presence with its growing audience.
- Free SSL security
- eCommerce features
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Mobile-responsive sites
- Drag and drop functionality
- Email marketing tools
- Social media marketing tools
- Free: $0
- Personal: $10 monthly
- Professional: $12 monthly
- Performance: $26 monthly
Canva is a (mostly) free graphic design tool that helps you create engaging content for any advertising you have in mind.
- Photo enhancing effects
- Access to icons, shapes, and stickers
- You’re able to create several things (invitations, newsletters, menus, and more)
- Canva Free: $0
- Canva Pro: $119.99 for one user per year
- Canva for Teams: $149.90 for the first 5 users per year
Figma is a great tool for your brand; it makes designing site and app UIs simple.
- Affordable plans
- Modern interface
- Powerful tools
- Ability to export tools in PNG, JPEG, SVG, and PDF formats
- Easy to share designs
- Starter (Free): $0
- Figma Professional: $12 per editor per month
- Figma Organization: $45 per editor per month
- Enterprise: $75 per Figma editor per month
Adobe Illustrator is one of the best resources for creating vector graphics for your brand.
- Puppet Warp (transforms certain parts of images)
- Share for Commenting
- Compatible with iPads
- Integration with Creative Cloud Apps
Adobe Illustrator costs $59.99 a month per license for all applications.
Google Analytics is a great tool for all businesses to use because it offers all the data about your site that you need.
- Built-in automation
- Predictive capabilities
- Privacy-safe modeling
- Real-time reports
Google Analytics is free!
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a helpful tool if you need to improve your performance on search engines like Google.
- Measures traffic and performance
- Fixes site issues
- Offers ways to improve search rankings on the Internet
Google Search Console is free!
How to Choose a Marketing Tool for Your Marketing Strategy?
Ease of Marketing Efforts
Digital marketing actions are an important factor to consider when choosing a tool.
When building your brand, you want to focus on marketing tools that are easy to use and help save time.
Look for features such as drag-and-drop functionality, mobile-responsive sites, unlimited bandwidth, market research tools, and graphic design tools.
Great Customer Service
Having quality customer service is key to having a successful business.
Check out the company’s customer support page to see how they handle pain points, questions, and complaints.
Integrations With Your CRM
Integrating your CRM with the right tools is essential, helping you stay organized with purchasing decisions, target market information, and advertising.
Make sure the tools you’re considering have an API or plug-in to make integration easier.
For a marketing tool to be successful, it needs to have team acceptance.
Gather feedback from your employees and see if the tools you’re considering will fit into the existing workflow.
When choosing a digital marketing device, price is an important factor. Make sure you research and find the best pricing plan for your brand.
It’s also helpful to compare each tool’s different resources and see which ones are worth it for your business.
Now You Decide
Choosing the right marketing tool can be a difficult task.
But with the right research and evaluation, you can find the best one for your small business.
Remember your digital marketing skills, customer service, integrations with your CRM, team acceptance, and pricing when making your decision.
Small Business Marketing Software FAQ
The best marketing device for a small business depends on your individual needs. Popular free marketing tools include Google Search Console and Analytics, and Canva.
The most effective marketing device depends on your business’s individual goals and needs. Creating programs like Adobe Illustrator and MailChimp are some of the best on the market and perfect for small to medium-sized businesses.
The seven tools are email marketing strategy, SEO, social media, site builders, graphic design, analytics, and advertising.
The five most common marketing tools are content creation, audience segmentation, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and email marketing.
Some of the most popular tools used for marketing include Canva, Adobe Illustrator, MailChimp, Hootsuite, and Surfer SEO. Each tool offers different features to help you create an effective digital marketing strategy. Other important tools include email automation platforms, landing page builders, and customer relationship management systems.