Keeping your office bathroom clean and presentable is essential if you’re a business owner.
Not only does it keep your employees healthy and happy, but it also ensures that any visitors to your office don’t get the wrong impression of how you conduct business.
Fortunately, you can take some simple steps to ensure your office bathroom stays sparkling clean.
Read on to learn how to keep your small business bathroom clean and germ-free!
Why Should You Keep Your Restroom in Tip-Top Shape?
A clean and hygienic bathroom is vital for all businesses, no matter how big or small.
Not only does a clean restroom keep your employees healthy and comfortable while they take care of their business, but it also shows visitors and customers that you take pride in the appearance of your office.
Janitorial services can help to maintain an overall level of cleanliness, but as a business owner, it’s your job to make sure that the bathroom is adequately stocked with toilet paper, soap, and other necessary items.
Benefits of Keeping Your Bathroom Clean
Keeping your office bathroom clean and presentable has many benefits, including improved employee happiness.
A clean restroom shows that you care about the comfort and well-being of your staff, which can contribute to greater morale in the workplace.
Having a clean restroom shows visitors and customers that you are organized and professional and care about the appearance of your office.
This can create a positive impression of your business, leading to more satisfied clients.
Health and Safety
The most important benefit of keeping your small business restroom clean is improved health and safety for staff and customers alike.
Dirty bathrooms can be breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, and other germs that can cause serious illnesses.
Regular cleaning with proper disinfectants can help reduce the risk of these contaminants spreading to others. Additionally, having a clean restroom can lessen the danger of slips and falls and help prevent other safety issues.
How to Keep Your Restroom Clean
Now that you know why it’s essential to keep your small business bathroom clean, let’s talk about how to keep a bathroom clean.
Create a Daily Cleaning Checklist
A daily cleaning checklist is essential for ensuring that your office bathroom stays clean and germ-free.
Having a list of tasks to complete each day, you can ensure that every surface receives proper sanitation, the floor is free from debris, and all amenities remain stocked.
What’s more, assigning specific tasks to staff members ensures everyone takes responsibility for restroom cleanliness.
Establish a Daily Cleaning Regimen
A daily cleaning regimen is essential for keeping your office restroom clean and germ-free.
Setting aside time each day to scrub, disinfect, and sweep can help keep the bathroom presentable at all times.
Let’s look at a few steps that should be on your cleaning regimen and how best to complete them.
Vacuum/Mopping the Floor
- Sweep or vacuum the floors to remove any debris
- Mop with warm water and a disinfectant cleaner
- Allow the floor to dry thoroughly before returning it to use
- Place mats near entrances to help trap dirt and bacteria
Cleaning the Toilet
- Disinfect the toilet seat, lid, and handle
- Clean the exterior of the toilet with a general-purpose cleaner
- Scrub off any stubborn stains or soap scum
- Flush the toilet to rinse away any cleaner and debris
- Wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant cleaning solution
- Refill toilet tissue, paper towels, and other amenities
Cleaning All Surface Areas
- Disinfect all surfaces using a general-purpose cleaner
- Clean any soap scum or grime from the sink basin
- Wipe down all countertops and surfaces with a disinfectant solution
- Refill any amenities such as hand soap or paper towels
- Sweep away any debris on the floor near the sinks and counters
Create a Weekly Cleaning Checklist
In addition to your daily cleaning checklist, it’s also important to have a weekly cleaning checklist for larger tasks that are just as essential but don’t require doing every day.
Sanitize the Bathroom Weekly
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces
- Scrub the floors with a disinfectant cleaner
- Empty, scrub down and refill the trash cans
- Clean any mirrors or windows in the bathroom
- Replace any stained or worn towels or rugs
Restock Supplies Using Amazon
- Determine how often you need to restock your bathroom supplies
- Use Amazon Business for convenient, on-time delivery
- Stock up on essentials such as toilet paper, hand soap, sanitizer, and disposable wipes
- Choose from a wide selection of restroom items from leading brands
- Reorder quickly and easily with the Amazon Business app
Maintaining a clean restroom is essential for the health of your customers and employees.
A custom daily and weekly cleaning checklist and routine sanitization can help ensure that your small business bathroom is clean and safe.
With the help of janitorial staff and employees, you don’t have to do it alone.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your small business bathroom is always fresh and germ-free.
Now we’d like to hear from you; how do you keep your small business bathroom clean? Let us know in the comments below!
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to keep your office bathroom clean is to create a daily and weekly cleaning checklist, establish a regular cleaning regimen, restock supplies using Amazon Business, and sanitize the restroom regularly.
A workplace bathroom should be cleaned daily and sanitized at least once weekly.
An employee bathroom should have all the essentials, such as toilet paper, soap and hand sanitizer, paper towels, and disposable wipes.
Workplace restroom hygiene is a set of standards designed to keep the workplace restroom clean and germ-free. This includes cleaning and regularly sanitizing, restocking supplies, and ensuring all amenities are in good working order.
Yes, your boss can make you clean the bathroom. Cleaning the workplace restroom is usually part of an employee’s job duties and is necessary to ensure a safe and hygienic environment for everyone.